Therapists treat disorders such as:
- Apraxia: A motor speech disorder caused by damage to the brain related to speaking.
- Dysarthria: A motor speech disorder that is characterized by oral motor weakness after a stroke or brain injury.
- Aphasia: A disorder that results from damage to the parts of the brain that contain language. Aphasia causes problems with any or all of the following: speaking, comprehension, reading, and writing.
- Dysphagia: Difficulty or a partial inability to chew and swallow.
- Cognitive deficits which result in difficulty with judgment, decisions, visual perception, sequencing, memory, problem solving and pragmatics.
Medical Conditions Treated:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Laryngeal/Oral Cancer
- Right Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
What People are Saying
“My 88 year old father was having difficulty swallowing and was choking on his food. We brought him to Allcare Therapy Services in Howell and could not be more pleased with the outcome. The speech pathologists are excellent clinicians. They were able to identify the cause of my father’s swallowing difficulty and refer him to the proper specialist. After a series of tests they are providing excellent ongoing swallowing therapy. The owners, Nancy Streit and Kim Streit could not have been more pleasant or professional to work with. I highly recommend this practice!”
— Carla N.